Sunday, January 6, 2008

Saturday GameDay

this lazy afternoon
i lie here
comfortable
in my sincerities
exposing flaws
and vulnerabilities

we stay
all day
intertwined
body and mind
while miles away
hearts remain behind
as there seems
no place
for them in this bed
instead
i’ll claim to be empathetic
while you remain unapologetic
in your stance
and for now
i’ll tip toe gracefully
thru this dance
as we watch the game

this lazy afternoon
i lie here
marveling at just how easy
some players make it seem

~asabi

1 comment:

Papier Girl said...

I wanted to post something sappy, cuz this blog is sappy--but nice. But all I could really think of as I sat here reading it for the 2nd time was how much I really can't stand football. But that I would watch it if my lover agreed to watch Project Runway. That hasn't happened yet...but it's somehow okay.

What am I rambling about? I dunno...nothing concrete really. Just that It's more than okay to care for/love someone, but not agree with every part of their life. And it's okay also--that if they care for/love you back, they will know NOT to force that part of their life on you.