Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Next stop.. Metro Center.




My image of my self is often warped and unyielding. In my minds eye my face is always far less round and my hair not so wildly unkept.

Today I am almost startled at my real reflection when I caught a glimpse of my face in the train window.

I quickly went back to pretending to read my book as I felt like I wasn't the only one concerned about my looks this morning.

He was 3 rows behind me but I could feel him staring a hole in my head.

As he walked past to exit the train he said "Hey beautiful why so sad?"

I didn't have enough words to explain and he didn't have enough time to listen.

So I just feigned a grateful smile and nodded. "I'm ok."

He didn't believe me.

And neither did I.


~asabi

1 comment:

Papier Girl said...

Hush! You're beautiful!

I know the feeling though...particularly the unkempt hair part as of late. I make a note to not judge myself to harshly in metrorail windows and in ladies' room lighting. Why? Because it's unflattering--even to the Angelina Jolies of the world.