Monday, January 28, 2008

"AS" IF!!




It's been awhile since I danced at a club until the lights came on but we did the damn thang saturday night.

Just when we thought the whole night was going to consist of Lil' Wayne and other crunked out nonsense they started to play "our" music.

The original Stevie Wonder classic "As" was the last song of the night but this video is a not so well known version. Before Mary became the "Saint of Hip Hop Soul" she did this duet with George Michaels but it was only released in the U.K.

Anyway, what started out as a pretty pitiful and self-depreciating morning ended as a amazingly fun and oddly inspirational night. Through the miracle of vodka and great acoustics that last dance was almost a religious experience.

On that night... in that moment...in the midst of friends and strangers I felt really alive..

and beautiful...

open...

talented...

worthy.

In that moment.. I was the epitome of everything he couldnt see in me...

But ultimately that's fine as long as I continue to see it in me..


"As today I know I'm living.. but tomorrow

Could make me the past..but that I mustn't fear

For I'll know deep in my mind

The love of me I've left behind

Cause I'll be loving you me..always...."

No comments: