Wednesday, October 24, 2007

We dont ALL leave

I want to pitch a tent
Light a fire
The glow of your distinction
Keeping me warm
Keeping me watchful
Of your daily miracles
You keep struggling, fighting, doubting,
Trying, surviving, being
Longing.
LOVING.
Not here to take advantage of,
Just discover you
Explore you
With pure intentions

Cause we don’t all leave

I realize the kindness of strangers
Is not always so kind
But can be more reassuring
Than the pangs and arrows of pseudo-friends
And quasi-lovers
People disappoint
God does not
Take solace with the
God in me
As I will in you
And maybe the loneliness won’t be so agonizing
And maybe the nights won’t seem so daunting

Cause we don’t all leave

I’ll help you bury
The monsters underneath your bed
And you can use your magic
And help me vanquish my demons
And maybe one day the silence won’t scream so loud
For the both of us
Until then
Distance and time will matter not
When your thoughts
Have a soft place to land
I invite you
To lay them with me
Without fear
As I remain by you
Silent
In quiet resolve
Just as a reminder...

That we don’t all leave

~asabi

No comments: