Monday, October 15, 2007

What I'm feeling tonight..

It's a story of a boy who loves a girl and a girl that loves him even more. While he is far away, he tells her to maintain her strength like a willow tree. "Learn to bend so you wont break" he says. Seems simple. She knows better....

so as i stand here being your willow tree
inside i feel like a sapling
struggling..grappling
to make sense of everything
and maybe im not strong enough yet
to withstand all the changing that come with seasonal winds
its just that i dont want you to forget
me
when the day begins
just know
your seeds help me to grow
stronger everyday
and as hard as it is for me to blossom while being apart
i will be faithful in bending like the willow
as long as the wind doesnt break me
or my heart


~asabi

1 comment:

kenn. said...

Thanks for reminding of Damien's music. I saw him last year open for Ben Harper, and while I'm not a reggae fan, I am a music/lyric fan to the highest. Great song!