Sunday, September 9, 2007

Devil-1 Asabi-0

Funny thing happen on the way to church Sunday..I was jacked at the gas station!!!

After a great Saturday night out with the gang I was determined to get up early to go church regardless of the lack of sleep I got. I woke up late of course and hurried along knowing I still needed to stop for gas. So as I'm pulling into the station all I'm thinking about is.."hurry up..get the gas..can't be late!". Now, I'm the first to admit that I have on occasion left my car unlocked if I ran into the 7-11 and such but today was different....

I had a very odd feeling when I pulled into he gas station and made a point to roll my window up. I grabbed some cash (even though I had a check card in my purse) and left it and my phone on the seat. I hit my alarm when I got out the car but unfortunately, I wasn't paying attention to the fact that the car doors didn't actually lock. According to witness accounts, as soon as I walked in the gas station, three guys(that had been sitting there looking for a easy target) pulled right next to my car, one guy jumped out, opened the door and took my stuff. Before the witnesses could realize what had happen they pulled off. Not that they were going to do anything as the guy had a gun. So, I'm gone maybe 3 minutes, I come back totally oblivious to what has just transpired and as I'm trying to pump my gas one of the witnesses tells me what happens. I'm like WTF!!! The police are called and descriptions are given and promises are made to find them but I'm inconsolable. I just want to go home and cancel my cards and lay down. It's a very lonely feeling to need to reach out and tell someone what happened and you cant remember one damn number and all of your contacts are in your beloved crackberry that was just stolen!!!

In hindsight, I had a feeling something was going to happen and a good friend reminded me that there was a reason I was away from the car when they took the purse. If the door was locked they could have broken the glass or worse waited until I came back and took it by force. And while the aftermath is a hassle I'm blessed to be here. My mom says that was just the devil trying to stop me from going to church. I'm not so sure if I believe her, but if that's the case he may have won that battle.....but the war rages on.

BTW..if you see three nukkas in a silver lincoln continental with the tag number TLK256 will you let a sista know? thanks

2 comments:

Papier Girl said...

ugh...girl, this is one of those moments where you wish you could go back in time. Just goes to show that DC is a piece of shit. I love you though, and I'm glad they didn't mess with my Asabi.

redhotmama said...

:(
when i lived in the urrea, i think my car got broken into about 4 times.
after the 2nd one, i just drove around without a radio.
and it is a good thing you weren't in the car and that there was minimal physical damage.
i hope you can retrieve all your info.