Thursday, September 20, 2007

I'm Sorry

Tomorrow marks the observance of Yom Kippur, one of the holiest days in the Jewish calendar. It is a "Day of Atonement", a day set aside to "afflict the soul," a day to repent for the sins of the past year. In order to truly make amends with someone you must first seek reconciliation, and attempt to right the wrongs you committed against them.

So, in the spirit of atonement I'd like to sincerely apologize to those I've wronged this year. To the offended (and you know who you are) I say to you:

I'm sorry for not being patient enough
I'm sorry for ignoring your calls for months on end
I'm sorry for not supporting your choices
I'm sorry for allowing my problems to overshadow yours
I'm sorry for waiting 15 years to tell you the truth
I'm sorry for pretending to be interested in you
I'm sorry for being so far away and not doing enough about it
I'm sorry for forgetting your birthday
I'm sorry for not loving you for who you are

And while I'm here asking for your forgiveness, I realize I must wholeheartedly forgive those who have hurt me. To those offenders (and you know who you are) I say:

I forgive you for breaking my laptop
I forgive you for not being there when I needed you
I forgive you for mistaking assertiveness for bitchiness
I forgive you for stealing from me
I forgive you for talking shyt about me
I forgive you for taking advantage of me
I forgive you for forgetting my worth
I forgive you for breaking my heart



I hope I've inspired you to do some repenting of your own.

Shalom uv'racha

1 comment:

Papier Girl said...

When did you convert to Judaism?