Tuesday, September 16, 2008

delayed devotion



the not so quiet footsteps of the past
try to drown out my ever so hopeful voice
yet and still
im taking in all of your delayed devotion
like some elixir of the gods
promising to cure all that ails me

i continue to ask myself
what was the worst part of my disease?
pretending
like you didn't leave me for dead
or pretending
like i didn't let you

as i overestimate my ability to forget
your own redemption
may very well be delayed
as i remain frayed
at the ends
BUT STILL INTACT
and devoted
to the possibilities


-asabi

3 comments:

£ said...

yes.

"...as i remain frayed
at the ends
BUT STILL INTACT
and devoted
to the possibilities"


oh yes.

Papier Girl said...

the wonderful/awful truth about love, is that when it's there, it can take a break, go on a vaca for a bit, and even remove itself totally from your life--but if it's real, it will always return.

Papier Girl said...

u've been TAGGED! (you have to see my blog to know what i'm talking about)