Sunday, October 5, 2008

Gone but not forgotten


I just wanted to thank all my friends for all the prayers and well wishes I received regarding my brother. For those of you that did not know he was injured when his Humvee hit a roadside bomb last week. Cut, bruised and left with a concussion we are beyond blessed to have him with us.

Three of his "brothers" were killed in the incident. Sgt. 1st Class Jamie S. Nicholas, and Sgt. 1st Class Gary J. Vasquez(both pictured right next to Amon at the far left) and Captain Ritchie Cliff.

For their families I send my deepest condolences. These are the times that makes me the most vulnerable and disenchanted with the polices of our military and government as a whole. How many more people have to die? As my friend Jay told me the only thing we can do is VOTE. So please be sure to make your voice heard and vote for the one person that will get our troops home. I really dont want to write any more posts about this.

3 comments:

£ said...

i'm so relieved your brother is "ok". I know he must be going through it though - losing three of his brothers in such a tragic manner. My sympathies and condolences go out to him and his extended family.

£ said...

you know what...seeing that picture and putting faces to the names made me quite emotional. ugh. words fail me. stay strong.

J. J. said...

Whoa! I'm just seeing this blog. That's way too close for comfort. My prayers to your brother and the families of his brothers who were lost in that incident.