Thursday, February 14, 2008

V-Day..Go away...

Ok, I get it. It's not about the day. I have tortured my friends with vomit inducing posts of love poems in honor of Valentine's Day all week. But those who know me best know I am indeed a lover of "love" everyday so give me a break.

But.... I do have one more for good measure.

My friend Kenn is a amazing writer who humbly doesnt consider himself a "poet". And I agree because he is more than any box Webster's dictionary can put him in. It's hard for me to pin down a favorite piece of his but this one spoke to me on many romantic levels.

Open letter 2 my Wife

Dearest daughter of all daughters, beautiful apple of these eyes
It is with much longing I that write you through blurried words and lines
My transgressions and digressions and diversions are allayed
That you may hurry to me quickly that my heart not lose its way

In the darkness I sit loudly while thoughts and images are my home
In the light I scream in silence amidst a crowd I’m so alone
Calamities and tragedies, if advance me to you then I embrace
These forty lashes and weeping gnashes just to finally caress your face

Impatience does not become me but then neither does your void
Deficiency of you and me has made me apprehensive and annoyed
Yet I repent this near lament for you are worthy of finer muse
And that I’m stuck on temporary, well, there’s really no excuse

True love waits in haunted attics and the most unlikely of all spans
Dearest bride, begin this circle synonymous to our unbroken hands
Strangers, suitors, lovers, and less that may delay our rendezvous
Have mercy on their souls, dear Lord; I commit their souls to you

I will rub your tired feet and rest your weary head upon my breast
I will hear your unfiltered thoughts and massage your much-neglected neck
I will say, “I do” and do I will and will do what you will
I miss you, need you, want you, plead that soon you be revealed

Dearest heart, I save the best I am and the man I have yet to be
That I might carry you over the threshold and consummate what is eternal thee
I intercede now for the seeds of us unborn and/or already here
To bounce our babe upon my lap or to show our teen how not to fear

Firmaments, expanse, and destiny declare it’s written before its played
Before seeded in the womb while being fearfully and wonderfully made
Dearest Love, come to me quickly, tarry not I do implore
One day I will look in you deeply saying, “He encontrado mi amor.”

love always and © 2006 kenn bivins

No comments: