Saturday, February 16, 2008

Ur like thirrrrttyyy or some'n!!!!!


Happy Birthday to my wonderful fashion loving, yuengling drinking, fried chicken and watermelon eating sister-friend. Here's to you for overcoming obstacles with grace, being a consummate optimist, inspiring me to find my writing voice and never letting me forget my worth. Blessings to you today and always.


To Anita Ginger



high/yellow/black/girl

walken like the sun u be.

move on even higher.

those who laugh at yo/color

have not moved to the blackness we be about

cuz as Curtis Mayfield be sayen

we people be darker than blue

and quite a few of us be yellow

all soul/shades of blackness.

yeah.

high/yellow/black/girl

walk yo/black/song

cuz some of us

be hearen yo/sweet/music.


Written by Sonia Sanchez

1 comment:

Papier Girl said...

awwww, this is the sweetest thing ever! Well, the party was pretty darn sweet too, but this entry is incredibly awesome! Thank you! And, yes, I love me some chicken and watermelon...and fashion!!!