Thursday, December 19, 2013

Surgery Today!!!

Get out your tool belts folks! Today is Reconstruction Surgery Day!

See what I did there? Funny…right?

If you listen closely enough you can hear the sounds of my nervous laughter in the background.

167 days after I was diagnosed and 121 days after my double mastectomy…TODAY will be bittersweet for me.  Today, all the King’s horses and em’ will try to put me back together again.

Bittersweet because despite feeling tremendous gratitude for being alive and well enough to have reconstruction as an option the fact remains that this surgery is only one piece of my overall healing puzzle and is a painful reminder that my body, and for that matter my heart and spirit as well will be forever changed.

With that being said, there’s no use in crying over spilled breast milk…you get it? BREAST milk?

I’m hoping after an uneventful 3 hours I will not wake up sad, and although happy will be asking for too much I think it’s a fair compromise to have a certain amount of relief that my doctors were able to give me back a piece of what cancer so callously took away.

Here are the details:
George Washington University Hospital
-2:30pm
-Expecting to return home late tonight

See you on the other side :)

Love and Light

Asabi

No comments: