Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The good, the bad, the ugly and the beautiful

So it’s been quite awhile since I’ve updated and I apologize to those that are still interested in keeping up with my progress (not quite sure what the shelf life is for that). I wanted to write many times but couldn’t find the words.
So here is the update..

The good – My body cooperated enough that I was able to enjoy my birthday immensely. I got to witness a great friend get married, I had a lovely “staycation” at a fabulous hotel and even got to spend a couple of days on the Eastern Shore and enjoy the water and autumn leaves all thanks to the generosity of my friends. I also got a reconstruction or what some refer to as an “exchange” surgery date for December 19th. So one month from today I will be one step closer to feeling whole again.

The bad – I still have issues with severe nerve pain from the tissue expanders so my meds have been upped to counteract it which like most meds gives you other unwanted side effects like loss of focus and memory and hand tremors so that’s become a great conversation piece. Again, the hope is that after the expanders are removed the nerve pain will go away. Let’s hope the depression and anxiety kick rocks as well.

The ugly – After some weird symptoms I’ve had to get several tests done including a sonogram and biopsy to rule out uterine cancer. I should find out those results this week so please keep me in your prayers as I have already packed up my “I have cancer” t-shirt with the rest of my summer clothes and I really don’t feel like going into the attic to get it.

The beautiful – I continue to be blessed with the love and support of my friends, family and workmates with their visits, cards and donations. I was recently humbled and overwhelmed in particularly by the amazing generosity of my cousin Eboni and her family with a donation I received and while her donation was more than I ever expected please know that every penny I receive, big or small helps and is greatly appreciated.
So that’s it for now, I’ll try to get better with my updates. I’ll try to get better..period.

Love and Light
Asabi

No comments: