Sunday, January 8, 2012

Reflections in the Puddles

The last time I posted was a year ago and no, the irony is not lost on me. I promise to do better this time..really. Part of my motivation is coming from joining a Facebook group called Project 365, Picture a Day 2012. We challenge each other to take a picture a day for the whole year.  Want to join? Need some pointers? Here's a great way to start.  I'm not a photographer, I just like to take pictures and I do so with a crummy Sony Cyber shot and my BlackBerry. But what I lack in fancy equipment I make up for with artistic enthusiasm. The point isnt to take amazing pictures everyday but to make the effort to document your year.

After just a week of participating in this project I realize how hyper aware I am of my surroundings. From the time I wake up I'm looking around trying to find the "perfect shot". In doing so, I'm noticing EVERYTHING. How the sun shines through the trees, the rhythm of the headlights during traffic, how my reflection looks in a rain puddle.

So while most of the pictures will be ordinary and mundane and by no means awe-inspiring I hope to be able to write about not only how I felt in the moment of that picture but to open myself up to writing about other experiences as well.

Here's to capturing extraordinary pictures and living even more extraordinary lives.

No comments: