Saturday, July 26, 2008

Scenes from the Courthouse metro

It's 10:20 p.m. I'm walking thru the station on my way home.

stalkerguy: Excuse me miss..don't I know you?
me: no.

(I start picking up my pace down the escalator. And so does he.)

stalkerguy: Hey, wait I do know you. I never forget a beautiful face. We met here before. I gave you my number. you never called.
me: No, you forced your card on me and I told you then that I wasn't interested. Then you stared me down on the train. I'm still not interested. So leave me alone..please.

(I walk further down the platform nervously awaiting the train. He follows.)

stalkerguy: Hey, I was just being friendly BITCH! Maybe you should try it sometime.

(I swallow the progressing anger and fear I'm feeling inside as I try to ignore him and fiddle with my ipod. There are just a few people around. They look more amused than concerned. I can hear the train coming thru the tunnel. And not soon enough.)

stalkerguy: It's not like I wont see you again.

(Shivers go up and down my spine when he says that. A few moments later I hurry on the train hoping he wont follow)

Thank God he doesn't. This time.

4 comments:

Papier Girl said...

oh god. you're scaring me. do you have pepper spray? what is with these aggressive men? you speak, and then they want to touch you...you don't speak, and they call you a "bitch."

be careful out there. when it's late and i'm waiting on the subway platform, I try to plant myself near the stairs...or even on them, so that I can have a quick escape route. and of course, I have my razor.

£ said...

girl yes, please please be careful!

Some dudes need to understand that just like they have the right to approach you, you have the RIGHT to decline their advances. No one should have to be called names either.

asabi said...

no, i don't have any pepper spray but i'm gonna get some. I probably should get a knife too. I'm from chi'town. we will cut ya! :)

Anonymous said...

wow. it's amazing the how if you pull a big blade from you purse and hold it by your side as if ready to strike how quickly one's aggressiveness will wane and scamper off into the night. try it.