Monday, July 7, 2008

Flintstone or Fab???

And since we are on the subject of feet I will confess a long time concern regarding my own. As the previous post’s pledge #10 clearly states: one shall not let one's friend wear sandals with creepy feet. So I'm counting on you all to tell me the truth.

I personally do not think my toes look like fingers but just the other day someone at work mentioned how long my toes were and I felt a old twinge of childhood insecurity creep up.

It all started several years ago with my uncle Marcus telling me that I had flintstone feet and there was something extremely weird about my 2nd toe being longer than my big toe. He unmercifully cracked on me every time I had on sandals. And since then I've had several people make jokes about my feet.

"I bet you can type 90 wpm....with your feet"
"When you are driving do you talk on the phone and use your feet to steer?"

And my all time favorite joke was when my ex would grab my ankles and ask me to "high five" him.

Now of course when I go to get pedicures the nice Asian lady always tells me I have pretty feet and hands like royalty. And of course I believe her even though there was that time she held up my foot to show the lady next to her, said something in Korean and started laughing. In my mind I assumed she was laughing with the joy one gets with seeing something so extraordinarily beautiful. OK..maybe not.

But
the point is so what? After many years of closed toe summers I finally decided that I am completely happy with my finger-toes. If for no other reason than to have extra digits to type this here blog.

1 comment:

Nish said...

My toe-sister,

I too have the second toe which is longer! Be proud of it, I wear open toed shoes all the time. This particular post cracked me up especially coz I was having a hard day at work. Thanks for the laugh.