Sunday, July 21, 2013

Reflections on week two

If you are lucky, a couple of weeks come and go without much notice and in most cases you breeze by them with nary a scratch. Not so much for me. Arguably the most difficult two weeks of my life I wonder what the next couple of weeks and months hold in store for me. 

It's been a whirlwind of internet research, doctor appointments, work responsibilities, losing a friend and promising relationship, financial issues, phone calls, crying, anxiety attacks, kisses, cyberhugs, real hugs and lots of wine.

Folks have been amazing in their reactions. Amazingly good and amazingly bad. 

One friend suggests running a tally of all the free meals and drinks I have gotten out of "This". It's substantial and hopefully will keep coming.

"This" has also gotten me tons of free advice. 

From the obvious..
cut out sugar and processed foods
To the unheard of..
try Mangosteen juice and sour sop and mushroom pills 
To the absolutely stunning..
"Have you thought that maybe "This" is a wake up call of sorts since you may or may not pray or read the bible enough?"

Yes..you read that right. 

And for the record my relationship with God is between us. But just in case you were wondering...

GOD DOES NOT PUNISH. 
God does not give you Cancer. God does not break you down. 
Life does that.

And if you are lucky you have enough faith and grace to be lifted and built back up. 

I'm still honestly working on that. I feel very tired right now and depending on the hour sometimes my spirit feels broken...absolutely irreparable. 

But then I get a call, a text, a visit, a inappropriate joke, a facebook message and all are reminders that God exists in every. single. person. that has decided to help me through my journey.

So armed with that belief and the plenitude of free meals and drinks I'll be getting.. I will take each hour as it comes, even the bad ones cause that's all I can do right now with "This".






No comments: